- WORKFLOW SOLUTION AT POINT OF CARE
Segregation of clean and dirty processes • Probe inventory minimized • Staffing requirements eased • No installation requirements
- MINIMIZING CHEMICAL EXPOSURE FOR SAFETY AT POINT OF CARE
Chemistry supplied sealed and ready to use • Minimal vapour emitted • Minimal residuals on probe • No requirement for eye wash stations • Environmentally neutral waste products
- FACTORS SUPPORTING THE OPTION OF REPROCESSING OF ULTRASOUND PROBES AT THE POINT OF CARE
Ultrasound probe design features enable POC cleaning • Ultrasound probe reprocessing has a higher margin of safety • Automation enhances reprocessing compliance
- SUPPORT DOCUMENT FOR ‘WHEN TO HLD’ WALL CHART
Why and when should you HLD ultrasound probes? What types of procedures?
- REQUEST AN EXAMPLE RISK ASSESSMENT/SOP FROM NANOSONICS
Develop your own specific tools for your facility
- CONSIDERING NEW TECHNOLOGIES?
Multidisciplinary Risk Assessments help to pave the way
- Ryndock E, Robison R, Meyers C. Susceptibility of HPV16 and 18 to high level disinfectants indicated for semi -critical ultrasound probes. J Med Virol. Published online 13 Nov 2015. DOI 10.1002/jmv.24421.
- Meyers, J., et al., Susceptibility of high-risk human papillomavirus type 16 to clinical disinfectants.J Antimicrob Chemother, 2014.
- Vickery K, et al. Evaluation of an automated high-level disinfection technology For ultrasound transducers. J Infect Public Health (2013), http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jiph.2013.09.008
- Johnson et al., Evaluation of a Hydrogen Peroxide-Based System for High-Level Disinfection of Vaginal Ultrasound Probes, Journal of Ultrasound Medicine, 32:1799-804, 2013.
- Ofstead, CL et al., Endoscope reprocessing methods: A prospective study on the impact of human factors and automation. Gastroenterology Nursing, 33:304–11, 2010
- Combs CA, Fishman A. A proposal to reduce the risk of transmission of human papilloma virus via transvaginal ultrasound. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2016 Jul;215(1):63-7
- Ngu A, McNally G, Patel D, Gorgis V, Leroy S, Burdach J. Reducing Transmission Risk Through High-Level Disinfection of Transvaginal Ultrasound Transducer Handles. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2015;36(5):581-4.
- Sabeena S, Bhat P, Kamath V, Arunkumar G. Possible non-sexual modes of transmission of human papilloma virus. The journal of obstetrics and gynaecology research. 2017 Feb 6. doi: 10.1111/jog.13248.
- Keys M, Sim BZ, Thom O, Tunbridge MJ, Barnett AG, Fraser JF. Efforts to Attenuate the Spread of Infection (EASI): a prospective, observational multicentre survey of ultrasound equipment in Australian emergency departments and intensive care units. Crit Care Resusc. 2015;17(1):43-6.